Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Printer server NETGEAR PS121 and Mac 10.5.8

Trying to configure the PS121 on our Mac system (no PCs) and am having trouble trying to determine how I can assign the print server it's own IP.

There are plenty of directions in this forum and on Netgear's forum that tell you how to add the printer once you have an IP address - the problem here is that I am unable to assign one in the first place. There is no instructions on how to access the print server through the web-interface without an IP address.

Netgear does state in it's product description that you can configure the unit on a Mac (not just compatible), so I figure I'm missing something somewhere. Help is appreciate, thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8), HP 5200

Posted on Feb 11, 2010 9:30 AM

2 replies

Feb 11, 2010 4:54 PM in response to walkerdesigngroup

The instructions say the PS121 will obtain its IP address via DHCP (the router).
You should then be able to find the IP address by accessing the router's built-in web page.
Then you can access the print server's web page and give it a fixed IP address.
When you add a printer on the Mac, use P1 (p-one) for queue name, LPD protocol (IPP might work, too).

Printer server NETGEAR PS121 and Mac 10.5.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.