Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Paging ***** in 10.6.2

Paging performance quickly deteriorates in 10.6.2 to the point where, for example, creating a new tab in Safari causes page faults over over 1000/sec to persist for 10 seconds or more.

At this point a reinstall to preserve my sanity is necessary. Repeat ad nauseam.

I broke the chain of insanity and went back to 10.6.1 where it has been stable for over a week.

I have advised going back to 10.6.1 for others with this problem.

Apple please fix this in 10.6.3

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.6.2), 2GB RAM, 320GB HD

Posted on Feb 12, 2010 12:42 PM

2 replies

Feb 12, 2010 1:12 PM in response to Rob Hill

Paging performance quickly deteriorates in 10.6.2 to the point where, for example, creating a new tab in Safari causes page faults over over 1000/sec to persist for 10 seconds or more.

This is not normal. I'm using Safari and 10.6.2 without issue, as are numerous other people. Something is wrong with your system. If you post details, perhaps someone can help you with the problem.

Apple please fix this in 10.6.3

Apple is not reading this, but regardless, this is not Apple's problem to fix, though they will help you fix your machine if you take this to their support channels.

Paging ***** in 10.6.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.