Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WHY DOES MY MAIL SPELL CHECK CONTINUALLY LOCK UP??

I cannot count the number of times that mail's spell check locks up.
I choose the correct spelling and on some word corrections, the colored ball just spins.
I have to force quit. So frustrating!!!
Any solutions out there????

Thanks Mark

Message was edited by: Mark905

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Feb 13, 2010 5:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 13, 2010 6:16 AM

Mark,

Repair permissions, then restart your Mac. Check to be sure you have the latest Mac OS Mail updates installed. I have Mail Version 4.2 (1077) installed.

Check to see if you have a lot of applications open; you might be experiencing a lack physical memory if everything is open on your machine.

As a last resort you might want to think about reinstalling 10.6.2 Combo from your desktop.

I do not experience the problems you describe. Good luck. You'll find the answer eventually. This is not an endemic issue with MacOS.

BTW, I suggest you don't shout at people here to help. Some in the forum will take offense.
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 13, 2010 6:16 AM in response to Mark905

Mark,

Repair permissions, then restart your Mac. Check to be sure you have the latest Mac OS Mail updates installed. I have Mail Version 4.2 (1077) installed.

Check to see if you have a lot of applications open; you might be experiencing a lack physical memory if everything is open on your machine.

As a last resort you might want to think about reinstalling 10.6.2 Combo from your desktop.

I do not experience the problems you describe. Good luck. You'll find the answer eventually. This is not an endemic issue with MacOS.

BTW, I suggest you don't shout at people here to help. Some in the forum will take offense.

WHY DOES MY MAIL SPELL CHECK CONTINUALLY LOCK UP??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.