Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Removal of ad.yieldmanager?

I have been having pop ups when navigating the web using safari. I posted a question on this topic earlier, and someone suggested MacScan to get rid of the problem. It removed almost every spyware it found on my mac, but I was still getting a few pop ups when using safari, and every time I ran MacScan, it showed the tracking cookies to be coming from something called ad.yieldmanager. Does anyone know any way I can get rid of and prevent this yieldmanager from harming my mac from now on? Thank you for any help.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Feb 15, 2010 2:57 PM

1 reply

Feb 15, 2010 4:19 PM in response to seth_cohen

HI,

Look in ~/Library/Internet Plugins and /Library/Input Managers. See if the file is hiding in one of those folders. ( ~ is your Home Folder).

If not, go here and get App Delete

AppZapper is another good utility for removing unwanted files.

With Safari open, from the Safari Menu Bar click Safari/Preferences - AutoFill. Click the Edit button
next to: Other forms Then delete the ad.yeildmanager url and click Done. Relaunch Safari.

Please take a moment and click My Settings on the right side of this window and tell us which Mac OS X you are running. Thanks! Trouble shooting can differ from one operating system to the next.

Carolyn 🙂

Removal of ad.yieldmanager?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.