Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

LOST EMAIL RECORDS

790 Views 4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 17, 2010 4:45 PM by iMacRDQ RSS
Lewisb1 Level 3 Level 3 (585 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 16, 2010 4:04 AM
Can anyone please give me an explanation as to why the following has happened? This is about the third time since I have had the phone.

I go to check my email and suddenly my sent folder and draft folder disappear and no more records of previously sent or saved emails. Also, the trash folder is empty.

Why?? Can this be prevented? I guess the only way to keep a record of all my emails sent is to CC it so that my laptop receives a copy of all emails sent, correct?

Thanks
Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2), 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB 1067 MHz DDR3, 150 GB
  • neuroanatomist Level 7 Level 7 (31,685 points)
    Feb 16, 2010 4:08 AM (in response to Lewisb1)
    What type of email account? If it's am IMAP account, those emails live on the server; a dropped connection can prevent access, but the emails should still be there, on the server.
    17" CD MBP, iPhone 3G, iPodTouch, Mac OS X (10.6.2),  since the ][e
  • atwistedlime Calculating status...
    Feb 16, 2010 12:12 PM (in response to Lewisb1)
    I am having the same issue today. I can send email and when I check my email box it connects and tries to receive but all of my boxes are empty. I have sent several test emails to myself so I know there should be mail available.

Anyone have thoughts?

I have restarted, checked all settings, reset my fetch. Everything the wesbite suggests.
    A1241, Windows XP
  • iMacRDQ Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    Feb 17, 2010 4:45 PM (in response to Lewisb1)
    I had the same problem (for the first time) today. Comcast (POP) account. All of a sudden while checking my e-mails, the window closed and went to the home screen. Launching mail again resulted in no e-mails and no folders. All of the "saved" e-mails on my phone were gone, and don't exist on Comcast servers.
    iMac * MacBook Air * iPhone3G

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.