Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Migration problem - iLife09 gone!

749 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Feb 21, 2010 3:54 AM by Rod Hagen RSS
tommclaughlan Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 21, 2010 12:54 AM
Hi

I upgraded my MBP last autumn and used Migration Assistant to transfer everything. Everything appeared to be fine until today when I tried to open a Pages document someone had sent me - I typically get Office docs so hadn't needed to use Pages. The Pages document I received won't open as it was created in the current issue of Pages and I have the old one. I know iLife09 was on my MBP when I bought it (there's even files for it in Library) but that it's been 'lost' in the migration process. How do I get it back?

Having noticed this problem, I have searched all the applications and everything seems fine except for iLife (I am running iLife08 from my old MBP) and Garageband, which just isn't there - not too much of a problem though as I don't use it...

Can anyone help?

Many thanks.
MBP 17", Mac OS X (10.5.8)
  • Rod Hagen Level 7 Level 7 (31,985 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Feb 21, 2010 3:54 AM (in response to tommclaughlan)
    Hi tom,

I'm afraid Pages is part of the iWork suite, which is a seperate purchase, not iLife, which came free with your computer. There would probably have been a 30 day free trial version of iWork on your new computer when you bought it, though.

The applications that were origfinally installed on your computer can be re-installed using the second of the two grey Apple DVDs that came with your computer. You can re-install iLife from these, but I suspect you may have a problem using the trial version of iWork unless you purchase a licence for it from the Apple Store. If you can't find iWork elsewhere, and haven't "used up" the 30 day trial already, then you can download the trial version from http://www.apple.com/iwork/download-trial/

Cheers

Rod
    MBP 13"2.26, MBP15"2.2, iMacG520"RevB , MB2CD, MBCD, ,PM5400/180 & earlier, Mac OS X (10.6.2), 7 chooks, 2 dogs, 2 daughters, 1 pear tree, 0 partridges, itinerant bats, magpie

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.