Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Podcast "Album Art" often wrong Podcast's, or Genius Mix'

I listen to a lot of Podcasts and I note that often the wrong art is attached to the Podcast. Typically, it is the art from a differnet Podcast, or it is one of the Genius Mixes (with four album covers). I'd say this happens to roughly a third of Podcasts, with little obvious reason. I also note in Cover Flow that the "angled" art of images to the left and right can also be incorrect, though it corrects itself when the album cover becoems front-most. iTunes itself displays cover art just fine. I'd say it has been a problem since iPhone OS 3, but possibly before.

Not important, just wondering if anyone else has a similar problem.

MacBook Air SSD, iMac Core 2 Duo and Mac mini Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Feb 22, 2010 5:34 AM

10 replies

Feb 27, 2010 8:22 PM in response to Alex Johnson2

Oh my god, yes! I had that happen to me for the first time today on a couple of songs. When I right click and select 'get info' and check the album artwork, it is the correct cover, yet while the song is playing on my ipod touch it's some weird genius mix cover. When I tilt my ipod to see the coverflow, the correct cover is shown after I flip through it a few times.

The only solution that worked for me was to delete the song from iTunes, re-drag it in and add the album cover.

May 23, 2010 7:09 AM in response to Alex Johnson2

This happened to me, and I'm quite OCD about album artwork so it really bugged me. I'm sure there's a better/quicker fix, but what worked for me was un-ticking "Sync music" or "sync podcast" (or whatever the problem is) and then applying it so the iphone wipes the music off. Then just retick it, apply it and re-sync it and it seems to work. I only did this yesterday so I don't know if it's a permanent fix, for me the issue only occurs when I load new albums on there. Hope this works for you

Jul 12, 2010 8:10 AM in response to BeccaJayne

I am having this problem as well. My older iPod died, and I upgraded to the newest iPod classic. I never had this problem on my older one, and now I'm getting a genius mix as the cover art for a lot of new music I add to my iPod. I played a Bloc Party album yesterday which I recently added to my library. The album art displayed fine. I synced my iPod this morning to add some more music, and when I play the Bloc Party album it's now showing a genius mix as the album art! This is very frustrating and is obviously some sort of bug. As far as I can tell, I have genius 'off' on the iPod itself, though it is on on iTunes on my Mac. I will try your suggested method of unsyncing then re-syncing the music, but that is a huge pain...With as large of a library as I have this process takes quite a while.

Jul 16, 2010 12:22 PM in response to Hamster Huey

To anyone who finds this thread, here is my eventual solution:

I restored my iPod classic to factory settings, which will erase everything and then re-sync your music library. This takes a while, but seems to fix ALL album artwork issues as long as you have it set correctly in iTunes on your computer. I am going to avoid turning on Genius on the iPod itself, as it is after I first did that that I first encountered this issue. Hopefully I don't have anymore album artwork problems after this.

That being said, it is clear to me that this is a bug in the iPod software and a fix which Apple should be working on. Unfortunately, it appears Apple has very much left the iPod classic in the dark, and has focused all their energy on the iPod Touch and iPhone...I don't anticipate a software update for the iPod classic anytime soon.

Podcast "Album Art" often wrong Podcast's, or Genius Mix'

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.