Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to change what tracks are encoded with?

Hello,

The problem on my iTunes is that some songs have their track time shortened so the songs cut off while playing. This only effects tracks encoded with iTunes v4.0.1 (this problem has lived through many updates).

Can you import/download tracks so that they are encoded with something else?

Is there a way to change the encoding of tracks that i have already have in my library?

Any ideas?

g4, s

Posted on Feb 22, 2010 2:15 PM

1 reply

Feb 22, 2010 2:30 PM in response to rachelepoche

rachelepoche wrote:
Hello,

The problem on my iTunes is that some songs have their track time shortened so the songs cut off while playing. This only effects tracks encoded with iTunes v4.0.1 (this problem has lived through many updates).

Can you import/download tracks so that they are encoded with something else?

Is there a way to change the encoding of tracks that i have already have in my library?

For ripping from CD, the format is controlled by Edit > Preferences > General > Import Settings, which allows you to choose an encoder.

To convert files you already have, see here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1550

For downloading, you get the format that the store is selling, which for the iTunes store is AAC and for Amazon is MP3.

how to change what tracks are encoded with?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.