Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

aperture crashed when correlating faces

i have identified a bunch of faces in my library. now after every bunch of faces identified, periodically i would expect aperture to review its internal face recognition or some sort of processing to take into account the additional information.

this is exactly what Aperture seemed to be doing when I last opened the activity window. process was identified as "correlating faces". then Aperture crashed.

and since then, although I have restarted Aperture a bunch of times, it has not kicked off those processes again.

and i would not bother about this but the face recognition is quite terrible - i feel perhaps because Aperture has not completed some background processing.

any insights anybody? any way in which i can force such processing?

Note: This is Aperture with the recent update.

Posted on Feb 23, 2010 7:16 PM

2 replies

Apr 21, 2010 6:03 PM in response to msim20

My system has just finished running faces over 70k+ images and has now started correlating faces, it must have already done some overnight as it is saying 19k of 47k. The application seems stable enough.

At the same time faces is building thumbnails for 3k+ files, while this is happening the correlation is running at about 350/min.

Tony

aperture crashed when correlating faces

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.