Skip navigation

Getting itunes library from time machine backup

3289 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 24, 2010 5:20 PM by Melinda Lyons RSS
Melinda Lyons Level 1 Level 1 (35 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Feb 24, 2010 7:33 AM
I recently inherited my husband's macbook pro (I had an old imac). I used time machine to bring in all my old files, then I installed iLife 9 on the new computer (the old one didn't have iphoto), but when I did, my old iTunes library did not come with it. I imported all music from the music folder, but I lost all of my playlists (which were many). When I tried to relaunch itunes holding down the option button and select my backed-up itunes folder from time machine, it gave me the message that this folder was "locked" and I didn't have permission to access it. When I tried to drag the old itunes library from time machine into my current itunes folder, that didn't work either. I noticed that my current itunes library has the extention library.xml, but the one that is backed up does not have this extension.
is there any way to get my old playlists back?? (the only way I backed up is with time machine)
macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.