Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong Sound Output as Default - HOW DO I FIX?

Hello,
I just bought the 27" iMac and used the migration app to transfer over all my files, preferences, etc. Each time I boot up, it makes this thing called "Audioredirector" my default audio output. I have no idea what it is for, it doesn't say the type. So, whenever I choose internal speakers and restart, it changes back to the "Audioredirector" output. Just to be clear I do not have ANY speakers plugged into the iMac. When that option is selected, I cannot hear anything.

I would like to know how to change the default audio output to internal speakers? I have tried calling Apple, which they could not find out the problem, reinstalled the OS, and more! Please help! Thank you so much!!!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Feb 24, 2010 11:54 AM

2 replies

Feb 24, 2010 4:58 PM in response to ccrosby94

In your Utilities folder open the Audio MIDI Setup application. Look in the Audio Devices window and see if this "Audioredirector" is listed. If it is select it and use the "-" minus button to delete it.

This device did not get on your system all by itself. You or someone who uses your machine installed it. It may have been part of an installation of recording software or such.

Wrong Sound Output as Default - HOW DO I FIX?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.