Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dual 2.0 G5 Locking Up!!! Arrrghhhh!!!

Eversince 10.4.2, my Dual 2.0 PowerMac has had two distinct issues. One is it seems to lock up more and more on video encoding. I have 2Gb of ram, 250 Gb hard drive. The second issue I have is the login in screen when coming back from sleep, never comes up. I have turned on "the require password when waking up computer from sleep or screen saver" It used to always work like a charm, and now since 10.4.2 whenever my powermac sleeps for a period of time, the login box will never come up. Instead I get the spinning beachball. I have done all I can do, repair permissions, lastest updates, unplugged external drives, isight, etc.. I am ready to re-install Tiger from scratch if I can't get this resolved.

Thanks in advance.

Dual 2.0 Powermac G5, 2GB Ram, 250GB HD, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Nov 16, 2005 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2005 4:16 AM

Have you tried turning off the "Computer to sleep", and untick the hard disk to sleep when possible?

It may not be the answer that you are looking for, but there are many threads whether this function causes problems or not.

Try this and see if you get a positive result maybe?

Steff
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2005 4:16 AM in response to Mac Carlos

Have you tried turning off the "Computer to sleep", and untick the hard disk to sleep when possible?

It may not be the answer that you are looking for, but there are many threads whether this function causes problems or not.

Try this and see if you get a positive result maybe?

Steff

Dual 2.0 G5 Locking Up!!! Arrrghhhh!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.