Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing media, yellow warning triangles.

I've recently consolidated my iTunes music library from an old external drive onto my new 1TB internal drive. Now I'm noticing in iMovie 09 that all the music is missing with yellow warning triangles.

Obviously iMovie is linking to the files that used to live on my old external drive. I can't find a way to repair the missing links.

Any ideas on how to fix this would be greatly received.

Regards,

Dave

User uploaded file

27" iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.2), 13" MacBookPro, iPhone 3GS

Posted on Feb 24, 2010 2:46 PM

4 replies

Feb 25, 2010 2:47 AM in response to David Day

I've just found a solution to this problem, a big thanks to David Burwell:

Close iMovie
Back up iMovie files just in case we blow something up!!!
Download "Plist Edit Pro" from Apple (see below)
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/development_tools/plisteditpro.html
Go to the folder where your iMovie Project is stored, mine was at...
User/Movies/iMovie Projects
Right mouse click on the Video Project (mine was called Rachel Video)
Select "Show Package Contents" from the drop down menu
You'll see a number of Folders and Files
Right mouse click on the file called "Project"
Select "Open With" and browse to the "Plist Edit Pro" file you just downloaded (if you don't already have it)
Expand the $objects list
I scrolled down until i found the missing music file (Ship.mp3 - it will list the entire path)
If you know the file name you can Edit/Find it instead
Change the location pointer of the file (new path and file name)
Select File/Save from the Plist Edit Pro menu
Quit Plist Edit Pro
Open the project in iMovie

Aug 4, 2010 9:04 AM in response to David Day

Hi David

In PlistEditPro, I suppose that all the grayed line are the part missing in the video is that correct? How can you restore them? I have a 23mn film with mix of video and still images, I have all still images, all sound track , except the video parts that are missing. In iMovie, in the stream video, I can see that the media is still there, but when I plays it, a black screen with "missing media" appear instead. I am so frustrated. I didn't save the video on my hard drive that why iMovie does not read the video part of the film. Can you help or give a tip on how to do this please?

Kind regards
Fred

Missing media, yellow warning triangles.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.