Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Vault size

Hi, I experienced an annoying situation while reprocessing image to Aperture 3. I tried to reprocess a large number of image and ran out of HDD space. My vault's size was about 34G before trying the reprocess and more than 71G after the reprocess. I ended up having only less than 100Mb free on my HDD.
Is there something I did not do correctly. All my images are referenced images. How can I reprocess my images while keeping the vault's size the same.

I was not able to recover the HDD space, so I deleted the vault and replace it with a backed up file. The problem I now have is that all my vertical images are distorted.
I guess I need a few hints.

thanks

G5,DP, 1,5Gb + MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Feb 25, 2010 6:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 25, 2010 8:20 AM

The vault doesn't delete any files, just replaces them and moves them. It's possible your vault is duplicating files that were reprocessed. Making a new vault in this case was the right move.

re the distortion: Are you talking about the view of images in your Aperture Browser? This shouldn't be affected by the vault. Can you try repairing the database and permissions and see if that fixes things? (Quit Aperture and restart holding down command-option, choose the options)
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 25, 2010 8:20 AM in response to Serge Dufort1

The vault doesn't delete any files, just replaces them and moves them. It's possible your vault is duplicating files that were reprocessed. Making a new vault in this case was the right move.

re the distortion: Are you talking about the view of images in your Aperture Browser? This shouldn't be affected by the vault. Can you try repairing the database and permissions and see if that fixes things? (Quit Aperture and restart holding down command-option, choose the options)

Feb 25, 2010 5:28 PM in response to robogobo

Thanks for the information. I tried to repair permissions and database and it didn't do nothing to the distorted views of my vertical images. By restarting Aperture though, I initiated a preview "reprocessing" and from what I see, the thumbnails are now OK (hopefully they all will be OK when it's done, it's been running for more than 5 hours now).

This task is not the reprocessing to go from Aperture2 to Aperture3 since I can't use the new brushes on the images treated by this preview processing. I will have to try to reprocess from Aperture 2 to Aperture 3 to see if it will take all my HDD space as it did last night.

Vault size

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.