Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Applecare Ending Now what?

So I have a 20in (intel) iMac that is about to turn 3 years old in a few weeks. Obviously this means my Applecare warranty is ending too. Are there any services that I should try to take advantage of before the warranty ends? I really have not had any major problems, so I have not taken advantage of Applecare and really don't know if there are any maintenance perks I have been missing out on.

Thanks

iMac 20in (Intel), MacBook Pro (2.53GHz), Original iPhone, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Feb 25, 2010 1:37 PM

2 replies

Feb 25, 2010 1:47 PM in response to TosaDeac

Hi, presumably over the last 3 years you have run TechTool at some point and you were happy with the results, in addition I'm sure you have Repaired Permissions/Verified Disk etc & again been happy.
So apart from using your iMac as you have previously, I would maybe run Onyx on a regular basis.
http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/systemdiskutilities/onyx.html
It's no use worrying what may or may not happen..Use & Enjoy..L

Feb 25, 2010 2:21 PM in response to TosaDeac

Are there any services that I should try to take advantage of before the warranty ends?

Nope, not that would be covered by AppleCare unless your iMac has had a hardware failure of some sort.

I have not taken advantage of Applecare and really don't know if there are any maintenance perks I have been missing out on.

AppleCare only extended the warranty and phone support on your iMac to the three years. There weren't any other services, such as any sort of "checkup" or "tuneup" included. That would be under the separate (and additional cost) ProCare program.

Regards.

Applecare Ending Now what?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.