Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem Selecting Which Emails I Want to Save

I am new to Apple and used Outlook on a PC before. In that program I could select options and indicate whether I wanted the email save in the sent file or not. I haven't been able to figure this out in Mail. I appreciate your help.

iBook G4, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Nov 17, 2005 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 17, 2005 7:52 AM

You have one option for the location to save Sent messages. In the account's Sent mailbox. If a POP type account, the account's Sent mailbox will be available under Sent in the mailboxes drawer. If a .Mac or IMAP type account and you chose to store sent messages on the server, the account's Sent mailbox will be available under the .Mac or IMAP account's icon in the mailboxes drawer.

You can utilize user created "On My Mac" mailboxes to sort sent (and received) messages by category and with Tiger Mail, you can use Smart Mailboxes (which are virtual mailboxes only) based on chosen criteria.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 17, 2005 7:52 AM in response to Lizz

You have one option for the location to save Sent messages. In the account's Sent mailbox. If a POP type account, the account's Sent mailbox will be available under Sent in the mailboxes drawer. If a .Mac or IMAP type account and you chose to store sent messages on the server, the account's Sent mailbox will be available under the .Mac or IMAP account's icon in the mailboxes drawer.

You can utilize user created "On My Mac" mailboxes to sort sent (and received) messages by category and with Tiger Mail, you can use Smart Mailboxes (which are virtual mailboxes only) based on chosen criteria.

Problem Selecting Which Emails I Want to Save

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.