Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Album to show pics with no faces, & any photos that iPhoto no faceID

Hi, I've just started to use iPhoto 09, after a long long time getting to know my iMac, and organising my iTunes library...

I want a smart album to show photos which have no faces, but also to have photos which iPhoto has not picked up that a photo needs a "face ID" on, what I mean is, if a person is turned away to to the side, iPhoto might not pick up that it needs to be a "face" and so wont show up in the normal smart album Photo>is>unnamed

if anyone can help, would be great, I'm busy slowly importing my photos, and what to do this one step at a time

cheers

Mac OS X (10.5.8),  iMac 20",4Gb nano 3G,16Gb touch 1G, 8Gb nano 4G,Shuffle 1G, tv ,iPhone 3G S⃣

Posted on Feb 26, 2010 10:54 AM

5 replies

Feb 26, 2010 11:28 AM in response to the loc-man

If I understand you correctly, I don't think you can do this.

but also to have photos which iPhoto has not picked up that a photo needs a "face ID" on

How can iPhoto find photos that have faces in it +that it didn't recognise as faces+ ? "Please show me all the photos that you think don't have faces but actually do"?

Please correct me if I've misunderstood.

Regards

TD

Feb 26, 2010 12:27 PM in response to the loc-man

A smart album with the criteria "Face is unnamed" will find any photo with an unnamed face on it. It can be either one with a named face or two but at least one unnamed face or a photo with no faces named.

There is workaround to get what you want.

1 - add a keyword, face, to any photo you name a face in.
2 - create a smart album with the criteria "Keyword is not face".

This will identify any photo with no face at all. If you've not added any other keywords to photos you can create the smart album above and then sort by keyword. Those with both a face and unnamed face will have the keyword face and can be sorted to the top or bottom of the list.

User uploaded file

Smart Album to show pics with no faces, & any photos that iPhoto no faceID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.