Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Horizontal Lines all over Ipod Touch Screen

Hi,

There are white and multicolored lines all over the Ipod touch display. The device still responds to touch, however.

Does anyone know what could cause this to happen?
I didn't do anything to it. It's been working perfectly. I was using it and the battery was about to die so I put it aside. A few minutes later I tried to wake it again and this is what it looked like:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4027/4391080102324f27e666b.jpg

Thanks

Ipod Touch, iPhone OS 3.0.1, 8GB, 2007 model

Posted on Feb 26, 2010 3:38 PM

6 replies

Feb 27, 2010 6:48 PM in response to kntmit

I'm having the same problem. I was using my iPod until it died, put it on charge overnight, then woke up the next morning with a full charge and these same horizontal lines.

I've made an appointment with Genius Bar to have it looked at.

Feb 27, 2010 6:55 PM in response to kntmit

I also got mine in 2007. The irony, eh? Hopefully they're able to do something to help us! Glad I'm not the only one with this problem!

Mar 16, 2010 9:30 PM in response to Community User

Have you had any luck at the Apple Store?

I took mine and they said there was nothing they could do. They suspected something had randomly gone wrong with the hardware, but as it was not under warranty they wouldn't be able to do anything about it.

They gave me the option of replacing it for something like $160 or getting 10% a new iPod Touch. I'm not really sure what I'm going to do.

Horizontal Lines all over Ipod Touch Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.