Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to have a production level subscription trigger a copy response (Asset)

I am trying to have a production level metadata value trigger a copy response to all the Assets in a specific production folder. I tried having a match up between a production level field value and a asset level field value and it does not appear to work.

Any suggestions?

I would imagine others would find this valuable?

I deal with world productions, I need to be able to pass assets to different regions via a copy response to a FTP device.

Thanks in advance.

iPhone, iPhone OS 3.1.2

Posted on Mar 5, 2010 9:30 AM

2 replies

Apr 20, 2010 2:54 PM in response to Mark MTV

So you'll need to leverage some of the advance level scripting to get this done.

For example,

You could have a script that could pass a field value from a production to a field value of an assets that a child of that production, or a child of a nested production if you're using FCSvr 1.5.

Give me a call offline, because there are way too many details and question I have before I can give you the specific directions on how to accomplish this.

Nicholas Stokes
XPlatform Consulting
<edited by host>

Apr 21, 2010 12:42 AM in response to Nicholas Stokes

Hi there,

I think I would add a metadata field on the production level (as an admin) named something like "copy production including related assets to" and then add a popup with a choice of something like "siteA, siteB,…".

You could then add a response which finds related assets and copies them over to the server of choice.

I am going to publish a little paper on archiving and backing up Final Cut Server / Xsan systems with Archiware PresSTORE within the next days, which describes a part of this workflow, too.

But if you need somebody to implement the whole thing, I guess Nicholas is the right person to help you doing this.

Regards,

André

How to have a production level subscription trigger a copy response (Asset)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.