Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I don't want iPhone to compress photos synced FROM computer.

I am transferring pictures to my iPhone, and they end up roughly 5x smaller than on my computer. Original is 500K, on iPhone it ends up 100K.
I could not find any setting that says "don't shrink them" or so...

Thanks

macbook pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Mar 5, 2010 5:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 5, 2010 5:37 PM

You don't have a choice. Photos transferred to the iPhone are optimized for the iPhone.
12 replies

Mar 8, 2010 7:22 PM in response to Inteq

Thanks, I tried yahoo. I see the attachments as full size in my yahoo mail on my iPhone. I see them in my POP3 too, but of course no size info.
I think that was the last straw. No more iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad for me 🙂 When I make a movie on the i-Thing on my computer, I have many options and I decide how to optimize the movie. I cannot believe they adopted this stupid behind-the-scenes approach with pictures.

Mar 9, 2010 3:24 PM in response to unixnerd09

Lawrence, you are right. But, are there any phones that "optimize" photos made by the same device? Hope not 🙂
Ex: Copy the images from IPhone to computer.
Want to upload to IPhone again. (let's say you deleted them by mistake)
Guess what: stupid iTunes will "optimize" your IPhone made images and on top, will screw their orientation also :))

I don't want iPhone to compress photos synced FROM computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.