Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Merging or splitting pdf

971 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Mar 6, 2010 8:58 AM by Pierre-Antonin RSS
Pierre-Antonin Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 5, 2010 11:29 PM
Hello

I would like to know how I can (if I can) merge or split two pdf? Basically I have two files with several pages each and i want to have pages from one file to go into the other one into which I would like to sort differently the pages.

How it is possible to achieve that?

Many thanks

Pierre
Mac Book Pro 17" + iMac 24", Mac OS X (10.6.2)
  • WBW Calculating status...
    Mar 5, 2010 11:42 PM (in response to Pierre-Antonin)
    Open both files with preview. Drag the thumbnail on the right to the other file's thumbnail side bar. (make sure the thumbnail sidebar is visible)
    MacPro 2x2.66 - MBA 1.6 80HD, Mac OS X (10.6.2), AppleTV - iPhone 3GS 32gig
  • Stanley Horwitz Calculating status...
    Mar 5, 2010 11:46 PM (in response to Pierre-Antonin)
    Unless the author of the pdf document put some sort of security restriction on the document, you should be able to open it in Preview and then copy and paste each page into a separate TextEdit document. You can then save the TextEdit documents and open them in Preview and rearrange the pages as you see fit by using the sidebar.

This is kind of a round about approach so maybe someone else will post a better method.
    24" iMac, 15-inch MacBook Pro 2.4 GGH, MacPro quad core 1.86 GHz, Mac OS X (10.6)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.