Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

using mini-DVI to VGA adapter to Samsung display

I have 2009 late model of mac mini, The text on display looks washed out, not clear or sharp at all from day one, I thought it was the old model of monitor, tried the same cable to another monitor on another computer, SAME. so I thought the problem could be the cable or adapter.
It's hard for me to believe is the signal from computer. I'm using VGA adapter made by Dynex bought from Best Buy.

Anybody has suggestions?? Thanks

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Mar 6, 2010 8:40 AM

2 replies

Mar 6, 2010 9:30 AM in response to 30all

The Mini-dvi to VGA adapter from Apple produces nice sharp images on my 2009 vintage Mini.

You might try that adapter instead, or try tweaking the settings in System Preferences > Appearance or in Displays, Color.

Text is always going to look best if you have selected the native resolution of the monitor, IF you have an LCD monitor.

Mar 6, 2010 1:15 PM in response to Boece

Yeah, My old Samsung is lcd synmaster 17", bought many years ago at around $1000. Crazy, crazy price looked back. It's fine when I used it on the retired old Dell. It must be the adapter, trying not to buy another VGA adapter, could not image my next lcd will use one, anyway.
This cable has only 14 pins vs 15 pins on the other cable, not sure if it matters?? Or if Safari has anything to do with it??
Thank for you reply...

using mini-DVI to VGA adapter to Samsung display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.