Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Missing songs iphone downloaded and sync to back up.

I purchase my music from iTunes directly on the iPhone. Periodically I will sync to my HP laptop (running Vista). Recently I purchased several albums and some individual songs, as well as a few apps.

A couple of days ago I tried to sync to my laptop (as I have done many times before). I plugged in the iPhone and it began the sync. Suddenly it stopped telling me the sync was complete.

I looked and found that at least 2 albums were missing (two that I had just purchased) and several individual songs.

The purpose of this most recent sync was to ensure I had a back up of the songs. Performing the sync is what wiped out the songs.

Please understand that I am not purchasing music with the computer and syncing to the phone. I am purchasing on the phone and syncing with the computer for backup.

After reading Apple's policy on their support pages they indicate I will have to purchase these again. This is ridiculous. It is the apple software and/or the iPhone that screwed up, not me and I don't appreciate having to purchase them again.

Is there another way to get this music back. As I said, this music was purchased within the past two weeks, if not the past week. If I can't get my music back I will cease my iPhone subscription, I will stop purchasing music from the iPhone, and I will cease my plans to purchase an iPad. No more Apple products if they insist I can't get my music back for free.

I'm not being extreme. Just reading the Apple web pages caused my blood pressure to raise. I hesitate going forward even if I do get my music back due to how arrogant their policy is.

I know I'm not the only one that has had this problem, so I hope someone else can clarify what I need to do to resolve this.

HP laptop, iPhone OS 3.1.3, oh yeah

Posted on Mar 8, 2010 9:14 PM

2 replies

Mar 9, 2010 7:22 AM in response to jdblaich

PS More seriously, you are not talking to Apple in these forums, just other users like yourself who volunteer advice. In that regard, you might want to also post in the forum devoted to the iTunes store:

http://discussions.apple.com/forum.jspa?forumID=797

And contact the store directly:

http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/

It is possible that the "no replacement" policy may be tied to the terms of the licenses under which Apple is allowed to sell music through its store, but I don't have any specific info on that.

Missing songs iphone downloaded and sync to back up.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.