Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening Microsoft Publisher file in Mac

Does anyone know of a way to open a Publisher file on a Mac. My son started a school project in publisher -- he needs to complete the project now as a home assignment. I guess they think everyone works with windows -- Ha.

Any thought?

Carl

imac 17 superdrive, 1.25GHz Power PC G4 1.25 GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.4.2), Airport Express, 180 GB Maxtor external HD, Dell Latitude lap top Windows XP

Posted on Nov 17, 2005 7:39 PM

8 replies

Feb 15, 2006 12:29 PM in response to iFelix

Another course of action to take is to save out the .pub file into a .doc file to take home and work on then rehash the .doc file back into a .pub file. But that just seems to much to be had.

I thought that OpenOffice.org would open publisher files but then after the air cleared from the brain fart I had, it was Powerpoint files, hey, they both start with the letter 'P'. Publisher, Powerpoint, Presentation. LOL.

Nonetheless, converting .pub to .doc, working on .doc, then converting back to .pub is a way to go at this point, but that would be tripling the work, eh?

Opening Microsoft Publisher file in Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.