Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Making a song fade to end

I am not sure which version I have, I tried to update my iMovie and it said I had the latest version, so there's that..

Anyhow I want to know how to make a song that I've put into a slideshow or over a video fade in and out between video clips or whatever, and also fade out at the very end which I assume will be the same answer.

Thanks for any help folks 🙂

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 10, 2010 4:27 PM

4 replies

Mar 11, 2010 6:00 AM in response to hluvphotos

After you have put the audio clip into iMove, click on it and you ill get "Inspector" click on Audio nad it has the option of fading in and out. hope this helps. If this does not fit your requirements, you could import the song into Garage Band fade it out where you want it to, then export it back to iTunes and then insert that verision into iMovie.

roger

Mar 16, 2010 1:34 PM in response to hluvphotos

It has a default fade in and fade out built in but it is so short (".15") you may not notice it. The maximum is 5 second but that is a long time to fade in and fade out, at 5 seconds the fade in and out should be quite obvious. If you need a longer fade in and fade out, try making your own version in Garage Band.

roger

Making a song fade to end

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.