Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ipod Touch and remembering WiFi password

Is there a way or an app that allows me to positively cache a wireless network's password after I have entered it once?

I switch between networks throughout the day, and for most of them I do not need to re-enter the password when my Touch connects to it, however the network that I connect to most often during the day is on a linksys wireless router. it has an insanely long password made up out of alternating numbers and letters, so it makes it an even bigger pain to have to retype this everytime I acccess this network...

Thanks!

Ipod Touch 3G - 32Gb, iPhone OS 3.1.2

Posted on Mar 12, 2010 7:35 AM

4 replies

Apr 1, 2010 9:35 AM in response to willatx

Hey, this is weird, but I think I just found a solution.

This time I tried connecting to the network in this way.
First, it is always missing from my list of networks when I try to join.
Fine, it's hidden, so I understand that.
Also, I have left Ask to Join Networks ON.
This time I just typed the name of the network and hit join (security was set to none).
This network actually has security, but I just ignored that.
When I hit join, it told me I couldn't join.
But then it joined anyway!
It looks like it's working fine for now.

I still consider it a UI bug, because it says I couldn't join and then let me join. Weird. But all I have to do now is type the network name each time, which is way better than: select security and type username/password too.

Apr 1, 2010 4:27 PM in response to willatx

If you tap Settings > WiFi > Other and then re-enter your network name, security, and password the touch should remember your hidden network. If it doesn't want to do that, then reset the network settings (Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. The the touch restarts, log in via the Other method above.

Ipod Touch and remembering WiFi password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.