Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Colors washed out

Hello,

after working a couple of months with Adobe PS CS4 and Apple FCE 4 on my new iMac I finally want to burn the results onto a DVD. But what ever I do concerning settings and tools the results regarding the colors are always the same (and disappointing): Compared to the FCE canvas the colors look washed out!!! Either in the DVD player windows besides the canvas(!) or on my standalone TV set in the living room.

My old DVDs created under Mac OS X 1.4 didn't show this behavior. I already browsed some gamma related articles, I already tried to export a DIVX (instead of a MOV), which looks beautiful and matches exactly the canvas coloring, but when it came to iDVD the burned result is as described above. I noticed exactly the same issues using DVD Studio Pro instead! There must be a kind of generic process responsible for the final rendering and using a wrong setting...

I really would appreciate if there's somebody how could give me a valuable hint.

Thanks a lot,
Erich

iMac 24", Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Mar 14, 2010 4:13 AM

1 reply

Colors washed out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.