Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Complicated SUMIF function

I am busy creating a financial tracking sheet and I'm trying to achieve a spending overview based on different account types for different months.

This is what I have achieved so far:

I have managed to formulate a certain sheet's cells (the sheet I use to enter my daily spending transactions) so that I can view spending for each ACCOUNT as well as spending by different MONTH. What I am struggling to achieve is to formulate another cell that will give me spending by account within a particular month.

The end result should be, one cell will give a particular month's total spending, while another cell/cells should give that same month's spending broken down further by account.

Example: March total spending = $10000
Credit Card = 2500
Debit Card = 3750
Cash Spending = 3750

In the above example this is the "SUMIF" formula I have used to get a month's spending:

=SUMIF(Register :: $A3:$A365,"<="&DATE(Register :: $E$1,3,31),Register :: $E3:$E365)-SUMIF(Register ::$A3:$A365,"<"&DATE(Register :: $E$1,3,1),Register ::$E3:$E365)

....and this is the "SUMIF" formula I constructed to get spending by account:

=SUMIF($Account,$B$9,Register :: $Amount)

THE BIG QUESTION THEN: CAN I SOMEHOW COMBINE THE TWO SUMIF FORMULAS TO GET A SINGLE RESULT?

I hope this question makes sense because I am convinced there is a way of doing it, I just can't figure this one out.

Thanks for any help!

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 14, 2010 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 14, 2010 11:43 AM

ST,

Take a look at the SUMIFS function. It may be just what you are looking for. It will allow you to SUM on account type and month and whatever else.

Jerry
1 reply

Complicated SUMIF function

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.