Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Caller id, SMS and Contacts

I have an official unlocked 3GS 32GB phone. The problem I face is that I have to save all telephone numbers twice in Contacts, first with the country code (+44 etc) and second without the country code. The reason for this is that SMS's are sent in the full country code manner and local calls within the country are received without. If I do not use both methods then the names of my Contact do not show up, only the numbers. Any suggestions?

Mac OS X (10.5.4)

Posted on Mar 14, 2010 1:21 PM

4 replies

Mar 14, 2010 1:25 PM in response to Aquatic999

All my numbers have +44 in front of them and I have never had a problem with any of them, either text or mobile, or landline.

I always do +44 1234 567890 and it has always worked for me. What formats are you using precisely ? Are you sure you have you set your mobile to have UK localisation ?

I don't understand why you have a problem.... very strange.

Caller id, SMS and Contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.