You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone camera not recognized in Windows 7

Hello Fellow iPhone users

I am having a problem with the iPhone camera on the iPhone 3g 3.0. I cannot get it to allow me to open up the camera to get the pictures off of it. When I go to Devices and Printers it shows the Apple Mobile Device USB driver and that is installed fine and it works in ITunes, however, it also shows the iPhone but with the yellow triangle and exclamation point. It says that the driver is not installed properly. The status is needs troubleshooting. When I go to properties, it says "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)". I have tried reinstalling iTunes, unplugging, replugging the iPhone. I have tried a different iPhone (a 3GS with version 3.1.2) with the same results(they both work fine in XP).

I have been trying to get this working for a few hours and have no idea what is wrong. Are there any other drivers I can get? How about reinstalling the usb drivers? This is on an Acer netbook, and it was working with Windows 7 starter, but when I upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate, it stopped working. I assume it is a driver issue, but I don't know what other drivers I can use or which ones to change out. Other USB cameras are working fine.

Please let me know if you need any other information.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

iPhone 3g, iPhone OS 3.0

Posted on Mar 14, 2010 6:20 PM

6 replies

Mar 16, 2010 7:12 AM in response to Ingo2711

Yea I had tried that.

The apple mobile device driver appears to be working but there is a second device with the name iPhone that it says does not have a driver installed.

I can't figure out why both are showing up....I would think that there should only be one...the apple mobile device driver.

Thanks for the help

Mar 16, 2010 11:16 AM in response to bkaps

Windows sometimes won't detect the phone and allow camera/scanner access if there are pics on the iphone not taken by the iphone camera. Email any non camera taken pics to yourself, download them on your computer, then delete the pics from the iphone. When you reconnect your computer it should start the camera/scanner download as usuall.

iphone camera not recognized in Windows 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.