Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PC Blu Ray laptop versus Parallels/VM Fusionware for iMac

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-AR21S Blu Ray PC and have recently purchased an Apple iMac 27" i5, which I love. Having now got a more powerful iMac, I have a few questions:-

1) Do I retain my PC laptop for burning to Blu Ray, or obtain a dedicated Blu Ray Burner/Player? If I take the latter decision, this would mean that I could use VM Fusionware/Parallels, and put my Windows programs on the iMac. Has any one done this, if so what dedicated Blu Ray Burner/Player, would you recommend, cost etc., I believe that an HDMI convertor would be required, if so, are they available in the UK?

2) How easy is it to installVM Fusionware/Parallels, and what impact does it have on performance. I do not want my 1st venture into Apple territory, to be a disaster, by creating a Hybrid.

Working on two computers is a bit messy, but I would prefer to have some guidance on the best course of action, to take.

Bill

Sony Vaio VGN-AR21S, Windows XP, iMac 27" i5

Posted on Mar 15, 2010 12:50 PM

1 reply

PC Blu Ray laptop versus Parallels/VM Fusionware for iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.