Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

APPLE TECH SUPPORT HUNG UP ON ME!

After not being able to solve my (admittedly puzzling) question, a SENIOR (passed to him because the first guy couldn't help) support worker hung up on me.

My question was that when I connect my macbook pro up to a seperate monitor (in this case a TV), airport inexplicably dies and and i can no longer connect to the internet until I remove the connection to the TV. What is going on!?

I hope that SOMEONE can help me.

Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Mar 16, 2010 12:45 PM

8 replies

Mar 16, 2010 6:30 PM in response to Adam-0_0

After connecting to the external monitor / TV:

External keyboard and mouse. If using it for your TV, bluetooth would be best. Your MBP will run in 'closed clamshell' mode. You must first log in with the clam shell open, then simply close the lid. This will put the computer to sleep. Then press the shift key on the keyboard. This will wake the MBP and send the image to the TV only. You must be connected to the power supply for this to work. I am using mine in the mode right now, and use it this way 90% of the time.

APPLE TECH SUPPORT HUNG UP ON ME!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.