Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I export at Specific Pixel Dimensions?

I need to submit some images for a competition as high quality jpgs that must be "exactly 2574 pixels on the longest side". What is the best way to do this? The RAW files in my Aperture 2.1.4 library are larger. I have assumed the way to proceed is to choose Export Version, then "Edit" under Export Preset, and then to choose Size To: Fit Within (Pixels) and type 2574 under Width. My concern then is that the height does not automatically adjust to fit the proportions of the image. What happens if I simply click OK? The only option I can imagine is to calculate the ratio of width to height of the original version in my library and then after setting width = 2574 to choose a height based on the proportions of the original.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Mar 16, 2010 7:33 PM

7 replies

Dec 9, 2010 3:30 PM in response to Mac12

Just enter 2584 in the "Fit within" for both height and width. Aperture uses that as a kind of frame and trims your image proportionately to fit within the set parameters. You will end up with a properly proportioned, smaller image 2584 pixels on the longer side.

Note that once exported the image dimensions can be checked using "File>>Get Info" in Finder. It is, as I'm sure you know, important to check and re-check these submission. "File>>Quick Look" will show you what it looks like.

2584?? Whatever.

How can I export at Specific Pixel Dimensions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.