Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

xml

I've tried all night to Import an xml. Every time I got : "XML Translation was aborted due to a critical Error". Or "File Error: 1 file(s) recognized, access denied, 1 unknown". Anybody have an idea what the problem is? Here are some facts: the exporter has FCP 7, I have FCP 6. The Project Settings are DVCPRO HD 1080p25, the closest I have is DVCPRO HD 1080i50. Could it be a problem? What else?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.11), FCP 6

Posted on Mar 17, 2010 7:07 AM

10 replies

Mar 17, 2010 12:22 PM in response to RuthSchell

It means there is a problem character on line 2 of the XML File, the first character in that line. Open the XML file in a text editor and remove that character. You'll see that Firefox creates something like an "arrow" to point to exactly what the problem is. Remove this in a text editor then save the file. Then refresh Firefox. Do you see XML in Firefox? If yes, you can now import this into FCP. If no, you need to repeat the XML fixing.

Does this sound too daunting? Zip the file and email it to me, I'll fix it up for you.

Mar 17, 2010 7:38 PM in response to Wes Plate

Dear Wes,
Yes too daunting for me. I'll pick you up on your offer. What is your e-mail address to forward you the Zipped xml?
In the meantime we're exporting it as a Quicktime through Compressor so I can see it and make notes at least. But it says it's going to take 6hrs (for a 74min sequence). Is that normal? In the meantime we can try the xml with you.
A gizillion thanks for your help.
Ruth

Mar 17, 2010 7:45 PM in response to Jim Cookman

Dear Jim,
You can give Mike Grenadier the 10 dollars... inside his right shoe! The xml file was indeed Zipped. I had to open it with Pando - free download -. We tried to make xml in 5 min increments. After the 1st successful one, it was a "critical error" again. There are some jpegs in the sequence, some slo mo fx also. Could that read as "critical"?
Ruth

xml

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.