Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Amplitube Metal with Garageband??

Hey everyone,

I'm very new to the mac world - fiance and I just bought one last month. We also purchased Amplitube Metal (which I suppose is some king of program that just gives you a lot of different effects) and the stealth pedal thing (sorry, I don't know much about either lol...)

He is having problems running it with garageband. He is able to open up amplitube under the effects I guess, but garageband doesn't seem to want to work with it as it keeps quitting unexpectedly - and he cannot figure out how to record in garageband WITH amplitube effects.

If anyone can help- please do. I've been googling all day but can't seem to find any helpful info.

Also, sorry, I really have no idea what I'm talking about and neither does he lol

imac, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Mar 20, 2010 11:44 AM

2 replies

Mar 20, 2010 1:58 PM in response to girl1nthebox

I never used a stealth pedal or amplitube but that won't stop me 😉

You usually start by plugging guitar into a line in on the pedal and usb to computer. Open garageband (real instrument) click on Garageband > Preferences > Audio Midi and select the input in this case the usb codec, stealth or whatever the Mac see it as also choose the output (built in, line out or stealth pedal) whatever your speakers are plugged into. Open the track info window choose the input channel usually mono 1 or mono 2 and turn monitoring on. Make sure track is record enabled.

I believe Amplitube is a AU plugin so choose it from a empty slot in the effect edit window. Double clicking the Amplitube icon should open it in a window to make adjustments.

Mar 21, 2010 7:34 AM in response to isteveus

isteveus wrote:
You usually start by plugging guitar into a line in on the pedal and usb to computer. Open garageband (real instrument) click on Garageband > Preferences > Audio Midi and select the input in this case the usb codec, stealth

Just confirming as a Stealth user (with a bunch of em to include Metal...) the Audio Input drop dow will read 'Stealth Pedal'...

Good stuff otherwise 🙂

Using Amplitube Metal with Garageband??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.