Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted user won't go away

I'm trying to delete a user on a MBP that has been configured to run mobile homes. It was authenticating against a Mini running SLS. I've deleted the account in both Workgroup Manager and in System Preferences on the MBP. Yet if I type the command "id username" in Terminal, the user's information is displayed. The same command typed on another machine (which is still talking to the server) reports "No such user."

So I think that the user's account/credentials must be cached on the MBP (since the user has been deleted through WGM and the machine is no longer bound to the directory). Does anybody know who to make the machine forget the user? I've tried clearing the caches in /System/Library and /Library.

Mac Book Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Mar 21, 2010 6:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 21, 2010 7:29 PM

try using dscl to see if the user's still in the local directory node on the machine in question:

dscl . -read /users/username

if so, use dscl with the -delete option to remove it or delete the plist in /var/db/dslocal/nodes/Default/users.
2 replies

Deleted user won't go away

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.