Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

INstalling Quicktime 7

I recently purchased an iMac 27" with an I7 processor and 8 gbs of RAM. The Apple Store did a data transfer from my old iMac. The data transfer did not bring my Quicktime 7 Pro over the new iMac. It isn't in the Utilities folder.

Snow Leopard will not let me re-install it. Is there a way to install it on my new mac?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.2), 17 Processor; 8 gigs RAM

Posted on Mar 21, 2010 9:07 PM

11 replies

Mar 25, 2010 7:55 AM in response to varjak paw

I downloaded Q7 from the link above, but it doesn't seem to work. I just receive an error message.

Here is my sitaution: I am running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 on a Macbook. I wanted to install Q7 Pro, so I decided to delete QX so that I didn't receive the error message when trying to install it. Now I know that is a huge mistake and wish to retrieve QX and obtain Q7 Pro without the SL DVD.

Is there anyway to do this without using the SL DVD?

Mar 25, 2010 8:14 AM in response to stubees

There is no way to retrieve QuickTime Player X without having the Snow Leopard disk, no. But you shouldn't need QuickTime Player X to install and use QuickTime Player 7. Did you delete more than just the QuickTime Player application from the Applications folder?

I downloaded Q7 from the link above, but it doesn't seem to work. I just receive an error message.

What is the error message?

INstalling Quicktime 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.