Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes not importing Voice Memos from iPhone into library.

I have the settings on my iPhone to sync voice memos, yet when I sync with my iMac, it doesn't import the voice memos that I have in my voice memos list into my iTunes library for playing back outside of the Voice Memos app. What's wrong, and how do I fix it?

iMac intel. 1.83 Ghz. MacBook Air. 1.86 Ghz. SSD., Mac OS X (10.6.1), 30 Gb Black 5G named iBono, an 16 Gb iPhone named myPhone.

Posted on Mar 22, 2010 3:54 PM

9 replies

Jul 5, 2011 1:58 PM in response to warrenfromcolumbia

I found the answer, at least it worked for me.

Here ya go:

1) open the Voice Memos app on your iPhone

2) on any memo: click the little blue arrow on the right

3) Click the next arrow in the top most box this will put you in the "Label" screen

4) From the "Label" screen: click the arrow next to "Custom"

5) In the Custom screen: give the memo a name (click Done)

6) Click the left arrow (top left) to go back to your memos.

You'll see that you memo as a name. I changed mine from "4:25 PM" to "Fishcakes".

7) Sync you iPhone and you are good to go.

Jul 18, 2013 1:47 PM in response to beanryboy

Customizing the names does help. Read Blond James Blond's instructions. I can get them to appear in my iTunes library on my Macbook but I can't seem to get them to sync to the iTunes on my iPhone 5. With Artist name or creating a playlist with all the songs. Do I have to convert it to something to get it to play on my iPhone 5 iTunes? When I try to drop them into Garageband they say can't open because it is an 8-bit file. Do we have to convert to something else?

Jul 2, 2015 2:58 PM in response to beanryboy

If all else fails I promisethis will work (after many hours of frustration the answer seems so strange but easy, I just had to share what was the final remedy):

On your iPhone:

1) Go into your iPhone voice memo app and select one of the voice memo's that refuses to sync

2) Click edit

3) Click the blue square trimming tool

4) Trim one second off of the beginning or end of the voice memo by sliding the red bar (whichever end, from the beginning or end, that makes the least difference to you, you will loose that one second to make this work)

5) Click trim

6) Click Save as New Recording

7) Notice that your new recording shows up in the list of your voice memos one second shorter as as the same title plus the word copy

On your computer:

8) Sync your phone to iTunes, being sure that the box is checked to include voice memos

9) Your voice memo should now magically appear in your iTunes on your computer

10) to remove the extra word copy from the title, click the voice memo in your playlist and then at the top of the screen go to file, get info and then change the title and save

11) Voila, there it is

12) hope this helps!

iTunes not importing Voice Memos from iPhone into library.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.