Skip navigation
This discussion is archived

Custom Stationary Not Working Since Snow Leopard

3071 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 4, 2010 6:06 AM by bookmanjb RSS
ndelc Calculating status...
Currently Being Moderated
Mar 23, 2010 9:04 AM
Ever since upgrading to Snow Leopard I've been having trouble with custom stationary. I can save it with no trouble but when I go to apply it to a blank e-mail, nothing happens. The standard stationary that came with Mail all works fine but the custom versions I've created, both in Leopard and Snow Leopard, don't work at all. I've tried deleting them and creating new ones but nothing seems to work. Anyone else have this problem or know of a fix?

Thanks,
Nick
2.4ghz MacBook Pro, Dual 2.5ghz G5 Power Mac, 667mhz TiBook, Mac OS X (10.5.7)
  • Rob Cunningham Level 1 Level 1 (65 points)
    Apr 6, 2010 12:10 PM (in response to ndelc)
    Also having this problem. Any one out there seen this?
    Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.3)
  • Lion_84 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    I have the same problem. The stationary files in the "/User/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Mail" directory look fine but Mail cannot apply a stationary to a new Mail.
    MacBook Pro 15,4" Aluminum, Mac OS X (10.6.3), 2,4 Ghz, 256 MB VRAM, 4048 MB RAM, 320 GB, SuperDrive
  • Yungling Piano Studio Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    May 3, 2010 5:00 PM (in response to ndelc)
    Thanks for posting this. I'm having the identical problem.
    iMac 3.06GHz IntelCore 2Duo 4GB ram, Mac OS X (10.6.3)
  • melchor.ace Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    May 4, 2010 1:57 AM (in response to ndelc)
    Finally i can solve the custom stationary issue, i begin with my custom stationary in mail, then save as stationary, and later when i selected nothing happen, so what i did was find my custom stationary in /user/library/application support/mail....,until you find your custom stationary file, then right click show package content, and open the content.html, mine open in safari some fonts don't work, but i fixed it, then, mail the content of the page in safari, The page open in mail as a new message and there choose again save as stationary, when you do it the older custom stationary will work fine as the new one.

The problem again in yahoo and hotmail, the text appear but the images don't

Message was edited by: melchor.ace
    macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.7)
  • Daddy0h Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    May 7, 2010 4:33 PM (in response to ndelc)
    As soon as I installed OS X 10.6.3, I came across the situation that my CUSTOM STATIONERY did no longer work.
    Until a patch comes along, here is a work around.

1) Create a new Message
    2) Change your signature to NONE
    3) Select your stationery. If your stationery includes a signature, it will show in your message, if it does not, edit the stationery as needed.
    Mini, Mac OS X (10.6.3)
  • Lion_84 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    May 8, 2010 6:21 AM (in response to Daddy0h)
    Thank you for the tip! This work around solves the problem.
    MacBook Pro 15,4" Aluminum, Mac OS X (10.6.3), 2,4 Ghz, 256 MB VRAM, 4048 MB RAM, 320 GB, SuperDrive
  • bookmanjb Level 2 Level 2 (335 points)
    Jun 4, 2010 6:06 AM (in response to Daddy0h)
    Having the same problem and thought of the same workaround that you suggest here. Since all that was being saved was the signature, I tried again and changed the signature to "None." But none of my text was saved ALTHOUGH the signature, which I had switched to "None" WAS saved!!! Any ideas why this is happening?
    iMac 2.66; Mac Mini G4; Black MacBook 2.2; MacBook Air 1.6; MacBook Air 2.13, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.