Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting email addresses from address book into Numbers

Hi,

I am trying to export my email addresses to another person for a special email project. I exported them as vCards but she says she only sees one card (I know there are 171). So I tried to export or place them in Numbers but I can not get that to work either. Only the card title gets placed in my table even though I have added proper headings to the table. I ultimately want to get the email addressesin to Excel but I am having the same problem as with numbers. All ideas would be appreciated.
Thanks

Macbook Pro 17 inch, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Mar 23, 2010 4:06 PM

8 replies

Mar 23, 2010 5:33 PM in response to Western AZ Mac

Make a new Automator Workflow. Select Contacts from the Library pane and drag in a Get Selected address Book people. Drag in a Get Contact information action. Select the items you want and select export Format Spreadsheet (tabs). From the Text section, drag in a New Text Document. Go to address book and select the addresses you want to export and then run the workflow. Select all the text in the new text doc and paste it into excel.
I tried creating a new Excel Document, but it didn't work.

Now, if you open the combined vCard file you created with Text Edit, do you see all of the contacts in it? I had seen another thread that indicated a Windows user couldn't see more than one either, so I'm trying to hunt down the error.

Mar 23, 2010 6:01 PM in response to Barney-15E

Oops, sorry. For some reason I thought you said Excel. I'll give Numbers a try.

If you drag the vCards from Address Book into Numbers, it will import and format with First name, Last Name, Phone, and email

Message was edited by: Barney-15E

Help is a wonderful thing, in this case. I searched Numbers help for "Import vCards" and the first topic explained it. While it initially displays what I posted above, the rest of the columns are just hidden.

Message was edited by: Barney-15E

Exporting email addresses from address book into Numbers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.