3 Replies Latest reply: Apr 10, 2010 11:25 AM by JayhawkCWE
JayhawkCWE Level 1 (0 points)
Hey all,

Having a problem with a client's Pantech Impact phone. She has a microSD card that goes with it. We plug it in to try to put some songs on it and it will not allow any files to be dragged and dropped onto it.

In terminal it lists as readable/writeable/executable but when you cmd-i info it, it gives no permissions options. I logged in as Root with the same results.

it's currently formatted as FAT32, which should be fine (I initially thought it may be NTFS), but it says in the device profile that it's only readable.

I do not want to format the card in the computer because it appears to depend upon the current file structure to sort things and she's taken several pics that are now stored on the phone.

Why is only the phone allowed to write to this disk? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Aluminum Unibody Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.2)
  • DaddyPaycheck Level 6 (16,030 points)
    FAT 32 is most likely the problem.

Anything in the phone's user manual to indicate that you cannot transfer files in the manner that you wish?
  • xepherys Level 1 (10 points)
    I'm not sure what the issue is, but FAT32 is not likely it. Most devices use FAT32 for removable cards. If it was an issue, nobody would be able to pull a CF card out of their digital camera and move files back and forth on a Mac.
  • JayhawkCWE Level 1 (0 points)
    no, the user manual says to transfer the music to the music folder on the card. it has to be AAC or MP3 format, but I've tried every music file type under the sun and it's a global problem with the card.

i'm completely stumped. so are all my genius buddies. no clue...