Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating Home Directories

Oh the frustration! Administration is one headache after another.

The problem is this. I have set up OD Master, DNS with FQDN, Windows Server as a PDC. I have created an accounts folder off the boot drive called "users001". I have created this as a mountable share drive and have successfully created 1 home directory in this folder.

Now, anytime I try to create a home directory for another user, i.e || WGM> Accounts> John Doe> Home> afp://testserver.com/user001> create home now (button) -- nothing happens, no home directory here, no home directory in the original "users" folder which resides on the boot drive, nada.

Also, the original user which has a home drive located in this folder cannot login using a macintosh. This user can only login using the windows machine.

If anyone has any quick-fix solutions, I'd love to hear them!

Thanks,
Crowe

Message was edited by: generalCrowe

xServe, Mac OS X (10.4.11), Server

Posted on Mar 24, 2010 4:02 PM

There are no replies.

Creating Home Directories

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.