Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove my profile/account?

I just gave a friend my G5 and wanted to delete all my account/profile information so he can enter all of his. Is there a simple way to do this? A couple of files to delete? Thanks!

Posted on Mar 28, 2010 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 28, 2010 12:58 PM

Make a new admin user account, log in to it, and delete your old user account with the Accounts pane in System Preferences.

But if I were your friend, I'd use the original install discs to completely erase the hard drive and reinstall a new system from scratch. With a used system there's no telling what kind of haxies, security holes, or other junk may have been left on it by any previous users. Even from previous users who are friends that I trust - they might have inadvertently opened up a security hole and then passed the computer to me with the vulnerability unknown to both of us. A fresh reinstall when receiving a used Mac is really the most prudent thing to do.
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 28, 2010 12:58 PM in response to efisch

Make a new admin user account, log in to it, and delete your old user account with the Accounts pane in System Preferences.

But if I were your friend, I'd use the original install discs to completely erase the hard drive and reinstall a new system from scratch. With a used system there's no telling what kind of haxies, security holes, or other junk may have been left on it by any previous users. Even from previous users who are friends that I trust - they might have inadvertently opened up a security hole and then passed the computer to me with the vulnerability unknown to both of us. A fresh reinstall when receiving a used Mac is really the most prudent thing to do.

How do I remove my profile/account?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.