Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will we see a new 3.2 software release?

Everywhere in the news is the constant comments about the Ipad(which to me is already tiresome), but no mentioning about the new OS 3.2(For iPod touch/Iphone) that the device ships with installed. There are a few nifty features(like the ability to add wallpaper to the home screen and calendar/notes/contact app makeover) that I will like to see transported to the smaller screen devices. When the Ipad was announced back in January it was said by the own apple CEO that the OS 3.2 was for Ipad release only(it's was a real bummer to hear that). However, I still have thoughts that apple has some surprises under their sleeves and eventually bring some news after the Ipad release onto the market this Saturday April 3.

On that same note, apple has set the standard that once every year(around march) they give a sneak peek of the new version of the iPhone OS. For example; on March 6, 2008, was the Iphone OS 2.0 shown to the press along with a SDK release and on march of 2009 apple gave a glimpse into the Iphone OS 3.0. But this year, the timeline appears a bit off. We’re already well into end of March this year, and so far, no word about Apple being close to doing the same. Despite rumors of a newer version of a OS 4.0 bringing support for multitasking of third party apps, no word of it's release yet. It seems that of the Ipad news everywhere on the press that the new iPhone OS release has been muted(by apple) because of the recent iPad unveiling, and it’s upcoming launch on April 3. I really want to see a new software OS for the iPod touch. It's weird that the new ipad it's getting a new 3.2 OS software while the iPhone itself is still, as of this writing, is currently running 3.1.3.

iPod touch 3rd generation (OS 3.1.2), Powerbook G4 (15-inch),, Mac OS X (10.4.6), 500 Mhz mercury model

Posted on Mar 31, 2010 1:32 AM

2 replies

Apr 1, 2010 1:43 AM in response to Jim VanLeeuwen

Thanks Jim for that article, let's hope that it's becomes a possibility that the Iphone OS 3.2 makes it ways to the iPod touch(and that apple doesn't take long to release that software). I'm really eager to have some features that the new 3.2 software has built-in specially the contact/calendar new features. Several things on the contact application that apple shoulda had ported to the iPod touch(long time ago, and brought them to the new Iphone 3.2 OS) like adding contacts under groups and setting birthday reminders. Putting that aside for a moment, the most intriguing Bluetooth capability that the ipad has has it's ability to connect to wireless keyboards, keeping my finger crossed that the 3.2 OS has that support(and that eventually lands it's way to the iPod touch).

Even though, I'm still with doubts since apple said that it built that OS from scratch, all the built-in apps on iPad were designed from the ground up to take advantage of the large Multi-Touch screen. I really don't know how apple is gonna do to put things together so that it works on the smaller screens. But let's hope that apple rewrote the codes of the 3.2 OS so that it fits perfectly to the smaller devices like the iPod touch/Iphone(right on the same day of the Ipad release).

Will we see a new 3.2 software release?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.