Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3 users manual (hardcopy)

I can't find anyway of getting a hardcopy of the user's manual. The Apple support page shows the PDF icon for it but when I click on it I get something different.

I did a search of this forum and found references to version 2 but nothing for version 3.

Am I doomed to having to use the on-line user's manual (darn!)

Mac Pro 2.66 Ghz 8-core, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Mar 31, 2010 7:42 AM

10 replies

Apr 2, 2010 5:45 PM in response to David Slater

While there are a couple of valid excuses for not supplying a printed manual with software it's mainly just being cheap. If offered the choice between a $199.00 download and a $120.00 retail box with a spiral bound manual I would have chosen the latter without hesitation. Given the fact that the initial release of A3 was really a beta and that some things have changed since then I'd still rather have a small manual to lay opened on the desk.

Apr 8, 2010 3:41 PM in response to WilliamL

I got to the PDF User Manual this way: (I think this is what you're asking)

• Visit the [Aperture Support|http://www.apple.com/support/aperture> page
• Follow the link in the +Support Resources+ panel at the right labelled [Aperture 3 User Manual|http://documentation.apple.com/en/aperture/usermanual>. (There's a tiny PDF icon beside the link.)
• That takes you to an 'active' online version of the user manual. There's a link to the actual PDF at the top of the table of contents down the left hand side - it's small and easily overlooked.
• Clicking this link will then provide the actual PDF version which you can download for off-line reference.

The User Manual is also available in Aperture itself:
• Help > Aperture Help

Then follow the link for the User Manual, though this version is an interactive Help thingy, as opposed to a PDF.

Hope this helps...

Regards,
Gary

Aperture 3 users manual (hardcopy)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.