Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Pro won't Start!!!

My macbook pro recently had the hard drive replaced by apple (about 4 weeks ago). Has worked normally since then. Today, for no evident reason when I started it stalled at a blue screen and will not boot up any further. It goes through the silver screen with the apple then goes to an all blue screen and stops. There is a mouse pointer that I can control but that is it! Is there anything I can do to try to move it on or do I just need to take it back in to the Apple store? Thank you in advance for your assistance! MACarmel

Macbookpro, Mac OS X (10.6.2)

Posted on Mar 31, 2010 12:49 PM

6 replies

Mar 31, 2010 1:09 PM in response to MACarmel

Can you boot to your install DVD? This can be done by holding down the C key while pressing the power button. Hold the C key until the Apple logo comes up. The startup sequence takes quite a bit longer to boot to the DVD.

If you can, I recommend running Disk Utility then run a repair disk on your Macintosh HD. It sounds like the HD got corrupted. If this doesn't work I would take it straight back to the Apple store.

May 21, 2010 4:39 PM in response to MACarmel

This is very likely a software issue. I would suggest starting with safe mode/boot to see if that works. Hold down the shift key at boot. If that works, then you need to investigate any programs you've installed recently. Especially any set to start with the OS. If it doesn't work, I'd suggest trying to reinstall the OS first, but if that fails then you likely were "lucky" enough to get a second defective drive. It's rare, but it happens.

Macbook Pro won't Start!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.