Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

help

when i plug in my ipod mini and when i want to play a song when i click on it it wont play and then has a exclamation point next to the song and an error message pops up and says the song need to be re directed. Whats up?

ipod mini, Windows XP

Posted on Nov 19, 2005 5:30 PM

9 replies

Nov 20, 2005 7:38 AM in response to Steven Ingalls

I'm assuming you moved the iTunes music folder to another location, if so where? This is why iTunes has lost the link to the folder, it now doesn't know where it is. You should be able to point iTunes to the new location by doing the following, open iTunes then edit>Preferences>Advanced tab, the first window is the location of the iTunes music folder which you can change at that point.

Nov 20, 2005 2:26 PM in response to Steven Ingalls

Sorry, but you have to give me more information. I'm not sitting in front of your computer, so unless you tell me EXACTLY what you have done, I have no idea what to tell you to do to fix it. To repeat, unless you tell me SPECIFCALLY WHAT YOU HAVE DONE, I have no idea what I can offer as advice to help you resolve the problem. I feel like I'm pulling teeth to try to get you to offer the information I need to help you with your issue.

Nov 20, 2005 7:28 PM in response to Steven Ingalls

In an earlier post, I asked if you did anything like move the iTunes music folder? You said, yes. What exactly did you do to the iTunes music folder, perhaps move it to another location on your HD, move to an external HD, perhaps even deleted it in error? This is the kind of specific information I need. Moving or manipulating the iTunes music folder in the manner I described early is why you have this problem, until you tell me what you may have done with the iTunes music folder, I don't have even a remote clue as to what I can do to help you.,

help

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.