Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport for G-5

Hey, I have a G5 with Tiger. I also have a Dlink wireless DGL-4500. Which airport card do I need to be compatible with my wireless network?

Thanks! Sue

iMac G5 1.8 GHz 20FP /(2) iMac G4 800MHz 17FP, Mac OS X (10.5.4), iLife 3,4,5,6,8 Superdrives/ 1 G RAM / QT6 pro

Posted on Apr 1, 2010 4:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 1, 2010 4:39 PM

Which airport card do I need to be compatible with my wireless network?

Any including third-party cards or components which supports any 802.11 protocol, and if an internal device, fits into a slot in your computer. With regards to Apple cards, the AirPort Extreme card if it isn't a Late 2005 Power Mac G5 and the combined AirPort/Bluetooth card if it is.

(51067)
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 1, 2010 4:39 PM in response to SDIllini

Which airport card do I need to be compatible with my wireless network?

Any including third-party cards or components which supports any 802.11 protocol, and if an internal device, fits into a slot in your computer. With regards to Apple cards, the AirPort Extreme card if it isn't a Late 2005 Power Mac G5 and the combined AirPort/Bluetooth card if it is.

(51067)

Airport for G-5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.