Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sent Mail Shows Unread Messages

First every mail sent shows up in the draft folder even after it was sent, now sent messages show as unread, anyone else seeing this? Weird behavior since Snow Leopard.

Macbook 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Apr 2, 2010 9:36 AM

3 replies

Jun 9, 2010 1:40 PM in response to Ernie Stamper

I am seeing this again.

I just rebuilt all of my mailboxes (hours long overnight) to try to correct the unread email count in “smart mailboxes”. That didn’t work (it is still counting double) but it did give me the added bonus of sent email being saved as drafts (not deleted when sent) and marking newly sent email as UNread.

Great.

Jul 10, 2010 1:42 PM in response to Looter

I was having similar problems with one of my IMAP accounts in Mail where it was showing unread emails though I had read them on my iPhone (hours & days before). I searched around a bit and started suspecting a couple of plugins I had demoed but was no longer using. I thought they might have been causing problems so I removed them as follows:

I quit Mail, went to MyHomeFolder>Library>Mail>Bundles and deleted the .mailbundle files. Different plugins install differently as I found, so you might also check for files in Macintosh HD>Library>Mail>Bundles.

Depending on what plugin you are using, and if the demo has expired, you might even find a "Bundles (Disabled)" folder with .mailbundle files.

After deleting the .mailbundle files, syncing with my IMAP began to work normally.

I didn't do extensive testing, I just go rid of all the .mailbundle files, so I don't know which plugin was causing the problem, I also no idea if this will help your issue, but you might look into it if your are still experiencing the problem.

Sent Mail Shows Unread Messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.