Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Inkscape and X11

Anyone know how to get Inkscape working on MAC OS 10.6? I've installed it but it doesn't load. The icon as well as the X11 one just sits in the dock.

iMAC 2.8 GHz Intel Core Duo, Mac OS X (10.6.3), 24 inch Display

Posted on Apr 2, 2010 7:10 PM

10 replies

Apr 4, 2010 9:42 AM in response to Medievalbanquet

Thanks for the help with this, by the way. What other X apps would i have? This is the first one I was trying to use.

At the minimum you should have a bunch of programs in

/usr/X11/bin
/usr/X11R6/bin

The following should provide a good example selection of X11 apps to make sure your X11 is working:

/usr/X11/bin/ico
/usr/X11/bin/xterm
/usr/X11/bin/xeyes
/usr/X11/bin/xman
/usr/X11/bin/oclock
/usr/X11/bin/xclock
/usr/X11/bin/xcalc
/usr/X11/bin/xlogo

To uninstall I just drag the inkscape icon to the trash, right?

That is the generally accepted method, especailly if the way you installed the application was to drag from a .dmg to the Applications folder.

If the application had an install app, then it might also have an uninstall app.

Apr 4, 2010 3:44 PM in response to Medievalbanquet

Medievalbanquet wrote:
Thanks for the help with this, by the way. What other X apps would i have? This is the first one I was trying to use.

Maybe try to run xterm just to make sure that X is working properly.

To uninstall I just drag the inkscape icon to the trash, right?

If you have e correct version of Inkscape, there is no need to delete the application itself. You need to use the Terminal to delete the ".inkscape-etc" directory in your home directory. You will only be able to see this directory with the Terminal.

Inkscape and X11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.